Whether you’re catering for your own prince or princess, or the worried mum of your child’s friend’s, we’ve got you covered.
Our gluten free party food ideas will have you hosting the best gluten free party ever!
Super fudgy chocolate brownie cookies are bound to be a hit, with a slight crunch on the outside, and delicious softness inside.
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 12 mins
Total Time: 27 mins
Makes: 14 Brownies
- 7 oz (200 g) dark chocolate, chopped
- 9 tbsp (125 g) unsalted butter, cubed
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup (100 g) white sugar
- 1 cup + 1 tbsp (130 g) plain gluten free flour blend (I’ve used a simple store-bought blend of rice, potato and maize flour with no added xanthan gum)
- 1/4 tsp xanthan gum
- 3 tbsp (20 g) cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 355 ºF (180 ºC) and line two baking sheets with baking/grease proof paper.
- In a heat-proof bowl above a pot of simmering water, melt the chocolate and butter together. Once melted, set aside to cool slightly.
- In a stand mixer (or using a hand mixer with the double beater attachment), beat the eggs and sugar together for 5 – 6 minutes, until pale, fluffy and greatly increased in volume.
- Add the melted chocolate to the egg mixture, and mix briefly until the chocolate has been evenly incorporated.
- Sift together gluten free flour, xanthan gum, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt, and add it to the mixer. Mix for 30 seconds to 1 minute, until all flour has been incorporated and no flour clumps remain. Scrape the sides and the bottom of the bowl with a spatula to ensure the cookie batter is as smooth as possible.
- Using a cookie scoop (or an ice cream scoop, or even just a spoon), transfer ~2 tbsp of the cookie batter onto the lined baking sheet, keeping at least 1 inch between them.
- Bake in the preheated oven at 355 ºF (180 ºC) for 12 minutes. The cookies should be slightly crackly on top, with a shiny crust. They will be soft when they come out of the oven, so leave them on the baking tray for about 1 minute before you transfer them to a cooling rack.
- Sprinkle with a bit of sea salt and enjoy!
These fudgy chocolate brownie cookies keep well in a closed container in a cool dry place for about 1 week.
Amount per Serving (1 Biscuit):
Calories: 222 | Total Fat: 14.1g | Saturated Fat: 8.3g | Cholesterol 43mg | Sodium 80mg | Carbohydrates: 22.5g | Fiber: 2.2g | Sugar: 11.5g | Protein: 2.7g
Nutritional information is software generated. Please check with a nutritionist for any specific advice.
Wrapping It Up
These pancakes are super delicious and a favourite of my kids. Let me know if you try them, or share with me some topping ideas you tried. Enjoy!